Namaste, and greetings to all our UK Gamvasis.
It has been almost a year since our AGM that was held on the 9th September 2018 -a lot has happened since then both in the UK and Bodali Gam.
Two years ago, on 23rd June 2017, we held our first ‘Picnic in the Park’ which was enjoyed by all who came along. Following the success of this event, BSMUK have been asked to hold another picnic, so this year, we are holding a Samelan “Picnic in the Park” on Sunday 7th July 2019 at Coombe Abbey Park, Brinklow Road, Binley, Coventry, CV3 2AB.
Parking is on site at a cost of £5.00 for 4-24 hours; the system involves a barrier and automatic number plate recognition (ANPR). Please make sure you don’t park outside Coombe Abbey Park, as you will be fined.
This will be a great day out for the whole family, both young and old. Various sports will be organised for all to take part in or you are welcome to bring your own games or sporting equipment.
Food will be provided by BSMUK, (both non-veg and veg) but, again, you are welcome to bring your own including BBQ food and a BBQ as the park does have a designated area for barbequing.
There is also a cafe on site which provides both hot and cold food as well as drinks including alcoholic beverages.
The park has toliet facilties located near the café. In addition to this, a portaloo will be available nearer to our marquee.
- To share BSMUK information with our younger generation, we have created a Facebook group which you are all invited to join-just search for “Bodali Seva Mandal UK“ or follow the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BodaliSevaMandal. We also have our own website where information about our gam can be found here.
- We all have many ancestors who have a very interesting history. It would be nice to gather all this information in one place. We at BSMUK would like everyone to look out for old photos of people and places in Gam and the UK, and some of the history behind them and send this to the secretary or any committee member.
We are also in the process of producing a map of Gam with all the streets / falias.
Projects carried out in Gam over the past year
- The Balmandir in Kadhi falia has been demolished and a replacement is being built. The rebuilding of the Balmandir is progressing very well and the outside is scheduled to be completed before the monsoon season of 2019.
- Randhirbhai managed to secure a government grant of Rs3.5 to Rs4 lakh to place 35 CCTV cameras in Gam.
- 8 First Aid Kits have been purchased for 8 locations and have been handed over to the First Aiders.
- Two robotic walking aids have also been purchased.
- After the Mental Health conference held in Gam, initiated by BSMUK, the suicide rate has dropped in Katha Vibhag and in particular, in Bodali.
- BSMUK would like to send their condolences to the family of the late Ramanbhai Motibhai Patel, our former President, who passed away on 5th May 2019. Ramanbhai Motibhai managed a number of projects in the Gam and we appreciate his hard work and endeavour for the good of the Gam. Bodali Gam held a prathna sabha and in his memory a day’s free filter water was given to all households.
Once again Namaste and thank you all. BSMUK committee members are looking forward to meeting you and your family at the Samelan – “Picnic in the Park” at Coombe Abbey Park on Sunday 7th July 2019.